[cleanairuk_news] Event invitation - Clean Air Gathering (Sat. 24 Oct.)

contact at cleanairuk.org contact at cleanairuk.org
Thu Sep 24 19:22:20 BST 2015

Dear Clean Air Friends,

We're contacting you about an exciting event which we're organising.

On Saturday 24 October, we're holding a Clean Air Gathering in London and
you're invited! It's a chance to hear the latest news about communities
working for clean air and to have your say. It's also a public event so
please feel free to invite people who you know that might be interested.

The theme of the Gathering is Clean Air Walks - be it a children's parade
like this one in Brixton (video)[1] - photo below, or a guided walk with a
tour guide, we think this could be a useful educational and campaign tool.

In the afternoon of the Gathering then there's an opportunity to join
Camden residents who are starting a citizen science monitoring of air
quality, and see how you could organise one too.

Finally, the Government is consulting the public on an amended national air
quality strategy[2] following an order from the Supreme Court that it must
submit a new one to the European Commission. We suggest you support the
package of measures although they don't go far enough.

Please contact us if you'd like to be removed from this mailing list or if
you have any queries. Thanks.

Best wishes,

Andrew Wood, Network for Clean Air

Network for Clean Air, Old Music Hall, 106 - 108 Cowley Road, Oxford. OX4
1JE.
Email: contact at cleanairuk.org
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/cleanairuk
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/cleanairuk