[cleanairuk_news] Suggestions RE: Do-it-yourself pollution monitoring?]

Network for Clean Air contact at cleanairuk.org
Fri Jan 25 15:29:46 GMT 2013

One suggestion from Andrew Grieve re. earlier news item on: 19 January
2013 12:14 To: news at cleanairuk.org Subject: [cleanairuk_news]
Do-it-yourself pollution monitoring?

Thanks.

Subject: RE: [cleanairuk_news] Do-it-yourself pollution monitoring?
From:    "Grieve, Andrew" <andrew.grieve (at) kcl.ac.uk>
Date:    Thu, January 24, 2013 5:03 pm
To:      "contact (at) cleanairuk.org"

Hi,
The PDF on this page has loads of great projects school kids can do. It's
not exactly what the writer is after, they're looking at how the parents
can do monitoring.
http://www.london.gov.uk/cleanairschools
There are some low cost air quality sensors out there now but the
engineering of them is still in its infancy and they're generally not yet
able to produce as accurate data as the big expensive machines.

http://www.mappingforchange.org.uk/ have done some diffusion tube projects
with local communities also.

Andrew