[cleanairuk_news] Roadpeace event London, Tuesday 5th February evening

Network for Clean Air contact at cleanairuk.org
Sun Feb 3 14:00:00 GMT 2013

Dear friend

We are writing to let  you know that RoadPeace is organising a vigil in
London on the evening of Tuesday 5th February, at 6.30pm, dedicated to all
cyclists and pedestrians who have been killed by lorries on our streets.
This will be held at the London Wall, at the junction with Copthall Avenue
(near Moorgate). This is the location where RoadPeace Chair Cynthia’s
daughter was killed by a lorry in 2000.

It will be one year exactly since we launched our new campaign website See
Me Save Me www.seemesaveme.com , and 4 years since the death of cyclist
Eilidh Cairns. Eilidh’s family started the See Me Save Me campaign in the
wake of her death, calling for an improved post-crash response and safer
lorries. RoadPeace now co-ordinates this campaign, working closely with
Eilidh's family.

Despite all that is being done to tackle dangerous lorries, cyclists and
pedestrians are still being killed or maimed with alarming regularity on
our urban streets. Often the known lorry ‘blindspot’ is blamed, yet we
know HGV safety technology exists which can eliminate the blind spot and
would dramatically reduce the number of people killed or maimed each year.
See Me Save Me is calling for the mandatory use of these life-saving
technologies.

Please join us and other bereaved families at the vigil. Bring photos of
loved ones. Stand and be counted with others who care and are calling for
lorries to stop killing our loved ones on our streets, and pass this
invitation to others who may be interested.

With best wishes

Sara

Sara Dowling

Campaigns and Development Manager, RoadPeace

RoadPeace

Shakespeare Business Centre

Unit F6, 245a Coldharbour Lane

London SW9 8RR

T: 020 7733 1603

E: info at roadpeace.org

W: www.roadpeace.org

@roadpeace

@seemesaveme

RoadPeace, national charity for road crash victims

Supporting crash victims         Reducing road danger