[cleanairuk_news] Research project for owners of Air Quality Egg (air pollution monitor)

Network for Clean Air contact at cleanairuk.org
Fri Apr 26 15:52:10 BST 2013

Dear all,

Below is a message which was posted to the Air Quality Egg email list,
and which I'm reposting here, in case there's anyone wanting to take
part in the project which is described in the posting. By the way, if
you're not familiar with the Air Quality Egg see:
http://airqualityegg.com/ and
http://airqualityegg.wikispaces.com/AirQualityEgg)

Thanks,

Andrew

-------------------

Dear all,

I work with Network for Clean Air in the UK. Recently, we received a
grant for a number of projects using NO2 diffusion tubes. These diff.
tubes are passive devices which allow the average level of NO2 to be
assessed.  (This is a good background publication:
http://laqm.defra.gov.uk/documents/802141004_NO2_WG_PracticalGuidance_Issue1a.pdf)

I'd like to find a few people who are interested in undertaking a
research project which involves citing a NO2 gas diffusion tube next
to the AQE. The idea is to use the NO2 data from the AQE, and compare
it with that measured by the NO2 gas diffusion tube. Note: the diff.
tube will only find the average concentrations of NO2 and not the
peaks or lows. It should be relatively easy to calculate the average
NO2 level from the AQE as the data is exported to COSM which is a
public repository. (Please correct me if I'm wrong!).

If you're interested then could you let me know? Either via this list
or email contact (at) cleanairuk.org

The project is limited to the UK as I'd need to send a diff. tube to
each person taking part and there's a postage cost involved. There's
no charge to take part and all of the data would be released to the
public. I think it would be better if the AQE was sampling air outside
rather than inside but I've no sense of how people are using their AQEs.

Any questions then please, go ahead and ask!

All the best,

Andrew Wood, Co-ordinator Network for Clean Air

http://www.clenairuk.org
http://www.twitter.com/cleanairuk
http://www.facebook.com/cleanairuk